So you have decided to book a photo shoot. Now you want to inject some of your own style! That's a great idea! Here are some basics.
1) Keep it (visually) simple. We want your face to dominate the photograph. Don't wear clothing with designs, words, pictures or busy patterns. These will look really out of place real quick.
2) Bring props if you have something that's meaningful to you. Items like musical instruments, hobbies, letterman jackets or sports equipment.
3) For the guys, be sure to practice good basic grooming before your session. Guys need a fresh shave (or beard trim if that's your thing) and trimmed nails.
4) Ladies should go with a hairstyle they are comfortable with, touch up their nails (if necessary), and wear your makeup normally. Don't wear makeup or foundation that contains spf as it can look shiny and blue-ish in pictures. Don't wear super glossy lipstick as it makes white spots from the shine when light (or sun) hits it. It's nice to include some jewelry, but too much is distracting.
5) Don't worry about blemishes. I can remove most of those.
6) Relax into the shoot and have a good time. Nobody is comfortable in front of the camera at first. It takes most people 10-20 minutes to relax and warm up. Be ready for it. It's my job to help you to get comfortable with a camera pointed at you. I'll talk, ask questions, and tell you silly stories if necessary. Once you get comfortable, we'll make some fantastic photographs.